Friday 5 July 2013

Great Playdoh recipe...(if you want to actually call it playdoh)



Here's a quick one for ya:

If you have cheap hair conditioner and corn starch in your house (and little people at your feet), you all of a sudden have mounds of quiet time to yourself. Seriously.

There are times when I'm on a search for fun things to do with my kids, but there are other times when I'm on a search for independent play ideas so that I can actually get dinner made or throw a load of laundry in, or clean up the toys that I've been tripping on all day long.

This one I found online--and it seemed so crazy. Hair conditioner??? So bizarre.

But I decided to give it a try, so we headed out to the dollar store to buy a bottle of cheap conditioner and we mixed the two ingredients together...

And voila! The softest, yummiest smelling playdoh you'll ever find.







If you want to give it a try yourself, this is all that you have to do:

1) Go buy yourself some cheap hair conditioner and corn starch



2) Mix equal parts conditioner/corn starch together (we used about half a bottle of conditioner)


3) Mix together

4) Keep mixing until it becomes a consistency that isn't too sticky --use your hands to knead it together until it feels like a good texture to work with (add more corn starch if it's too sticky).

**Add whatever food colouring colour you want at this point and keep kneading the colour in until it's what you want it to look like



Voila!! Instant playdoh...moondoh..or whatever you want to call it.


Really...it should be called the "Mom's magic quiet solution" doh.

Thank you hair conditioner and corn starch!!!

Erica xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

My parents have loved each other for 50 yrs...so we celebrated BIG time

It wasn't my idea. Not mine at all. But hey--if you put an idea in my head, I'll roll with it. So when my dad said he wanted t...