Tuesday 8 May 2012

It's a...






BIG disappointment.

    We were so excited this morning as we got ready to go to our ultrasound. We were going to find out the sex of our baby and we were also going to find out if all was healed properly with my placenta. Big news all around.
    However, as I laid there waiting for the ultrasound technician to get herself all set up and ready I mentioned to her that we'd love to find out the sex today..and she looked at me and shook her head.

"We aren't allowed to tell people the sex anymore" she said.

I thought she was joking--I really did. I smiled, looking to be reassured that she was just kidding..but she stared at me with a very serious look and I knew it was no joke.

"What do you mean you can't tell me the sex?" I asked.

"A new rule was just passed just yesterday saying that we're no longer allowed to reveal if it's a girl or boy. Our job is to check to see if the baby is okay and healthy..they told us it's not supposed to be for entertainment purposes".

I would have appreciated if someone had helped me to pick my jaw up off the floor. I couldn't believe it. Are you kidding me???!

I said to her "Can you just tell me secretly? I promise I won't tell anyone. Or just say the letter 'b' or 'g' quietly...that's good enough for me".

She shook her head.

"Can you just turn the screen so I can take a look myself and make my own judgement then?"

"Nope" she said.

Good grief.

     So she proceeded to do all of the necessary measurements, photos, etc as I waited in silence... upset and desperately trying to strain my neck and eyes to do my own detective work to see if I could see anything at all to detect the sex of this baby as she took all her pictures. I got nowhere though.

    She finished up and went to get Terry. He walked in smiling and I greeted him with a look of "you won't believe this".

    He had the same reaction as I did..."What??"

    So we got about one whole minute of looking at that sweet baby bouncing around, then we were ushered out of the room and sent on our way.

    I said to the technician before we left "So is my placenta okay?".

    She looked at me, then looked away.

"We're going to have to have you come back in two weeks", she answered.

"Why? Is everything okay?" I said, now worried.

"We'll just need to see you again. Your doctor will get the report".

I looked at Terry and he looked as concerned as I felt. She wouldn't tell us anymore.

So, the waiting game continues...

BUT...we got to see that sweet little baby and man oh man is he/she ever cute. I might be biased..but really..adorable.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My parents have loved each other for 50 yrs...so we celebrated BIG time

It wasn't my idea. Not mine at all. But hey--if you put an idea in my head, I'll roll with it. So when my dad said he wanted t...