Saturday 11 October 2014

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars


Just in case you need a bit more food to fill up your belly this Thanksgiving weekend...I thought I'd share a recipe that is so darn delicious that you might not even mind that it's not pumpkin pie. 



They're called Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars...and they're so so good. 



 I found this recipe online and just had to try it...and I'm so glad that I did because they're super easy, super delicious...and full of chocolate peanut butter goodness.

Taste testers agree.




So, if you want to try them for yourself...here you go.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup sugar 
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter chips


In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Then set aside for later. 

In a bowl of a stand mixer, cream together sugars, peanut butter and butter until light and fluffy. Then add the eggs and vanilla and mix until incorporated.

On low speed, add flour mixture and mix until flour is incorporated. 

Fold in peanut butter chips and chocolate chips by hand. 

Transfer mixture into a greased or foil-lined 9 by 13inch pan and press to an even layer.

Bake at 350 degrees for 16-20 minutes or until centre is set. 

Allow bars to cool completely before cutting into bars...then enjoy!!
Makes 24 delicious bars.  



 Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Erica xo



No comments:

Post a Comment

My parents have loved each other for 50 yrs...so we celebrated BIG time

It wasn't my idea. Not mine at all. But hey--if you put an idea in my head, I'll roll with it. So when my dad said he wanted t...