Sunday 13 July 2014

Reese peanut butter cup fudge



Anyone who knows me knows that I am obsessed with anything peanut butter/chocolate. Actually my sister and I are both a little obsessed. 

So when I decided to bake up a little something tonight after getting home today with sun-kissed kids, bathing suits hanging over our deck and sand tracked all over our house, I decided that chocolate/peanut butter Reese fudge was in order. 


Seriously. If you like chocolate and peanut butter you just might not be able to even handle these. You need a plan and a  follow-through person (a plan to give most of them away and a follow-through person to make sure that you actually do it)...or you just might end up in a chocolate/peanut butter coma on the floor from eating the whole batch in one sitting.

Because they're THAT good.

So my plan is to give them to Terry to take in to share with his co-workers tomorrow, and my follow through is my hubby who won't let his foot leave the doorway tomorrow without these delicious babies in his hands. 

So here you have it. The EASIEST fudge you'll ever make. And (as an expert in anything chocolate peanut butter)...I'd say the BEST fudge you'll ever eat. Hands down. 


I always thought that fudge was hard to make, so I never even tried it--because as much as I love to bake up yummy treats, I'm always looking for the easy road---so if there are a million ingredients and too many directions, I flip to the next one. So, if you're not a baker and think that making fudge is hard---please try this recipe. Or if you bake all the time and want a 10minute quick treat, this one is for you. 



I found a recipe online, but decided to switch it up a bit and change a few things...so here is how I made them myself:
There are only 4 ingredients (my kind of recipe!).


2 cups chocolate chips (or chocolate wafers, as I used)
1 can sweetened condensed milk (FYI: cheapest place to buy it that I've found is Walmart--otherwise it costs a fortune)
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
8 Reese peanut butter cups (or more---because, really can there ever be too many? Nope).

Start by cutting up your Reese cups, (so they're ready to go when you need to throw them in quickly before the chocolate hardens later on) and throw a few of them onto an 8" square pan lined with parchment paper --leave the rest to the side. *My pan is larger since I doubled the recipe



Put your chocolate chips/wafers in a microwave safe bowl and put them in the microwave for a couple of minutes, checking it frequently and stirring (making sure that it doesn't burn).


Once melted, quickly put chocolate into large mixing bowl and add condensed milk and mix together fully.

Quickly add peanut butter (you don't want your chocolate to start to harden, so get that peanut butter in there!). Mix only slightly, so that you end up with actual strips/chunks of peanut butter in your fudge...don't over-mix.



Then throw in a hand full (or so) of peanut butter cups and carefully stir a few times.



Pour mixture into your pan, over top of the peanut butter cups that are already laying on the parchment paper.


Throw some of the rest of your Reese cups on top and push them down a bit so that they stay put.


Then put in fridge for at least 2hrs so that it can harden. Then ENJOY!!







"Don't eat too many mommy. You'll throw up" -Mya. 

Have a great night everyone, 
Erica xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

My parents have loved each other for 50 yrs...so we celebrated BIG time

It wasn't my idea. Not mine at all. But hey--if you put an idea in my head, I'll roll with it. So when my dad said he wanted t...