Tuesday 11 February 2014

Morning mess



What's the worst that can happen? 

It's the question that I always ask myself in those moments when I'm about to say "No". When my logical side tells me to stop them...but my let's make some childhood memories side says, "Sure, go for it". 
It reminds me to take a moment and really think about it...because really what is the worst that can happen? 

I ate my own words this past Sunday morning as these two got a hold of a bag of cotton balls. 


Just let it be, I've said before.

Let them make a mess.


Let them feel the joy of freedom. The joy of "Yes" instead of "No".


Let them know that childhood memories outweigh my need for a tidy house every moment of the day.



So when Terry walked into the living room, wide-eyed, to see all three of us giggling on the floor, surrounded by a million cotton balls, I looked at him smiling...

"Whaaaaat??" I said to him..."They're having fun".


And when you hand a purse to these two and tell them to go shopping for cotton balls, it's amazing how quickly they'll actually clean up this huge mess.




So here is to childhood messes...

and owing my sister a new bag of cotton balls. Sorry Jen.

Hope you enjoy some of the messes in your house this week.

Erica xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

My parents have loved each other for 50 yrs...so we celebrated BIG time

It wasn't my idea. Not mine at all. But hey--if you put an idea in my head, I'll roll with it. So when my dad said he wanted t...