Tuesday 18 September 2012

Cousin Love







     I don't think there's anything greater than seeing your child in love with their sibling. But before a sibling enters into Mya's life, there's really nothing more precious than watching the love between her and her cousin Oliver.

They love each other. A lot.

     Mya calls Oliver "Rah Rah" and asks after him constantly. She literally sees Oliver every single day since Jen and Jeff live only a street over from us...but when he is not here, she longs for him. She talks about him. She misses him. She adores him.

     If he cries, she rushes to him. If he is being held, she asks for us to put him on the floor so she can be close to him. If he is eating, she wants to help feed him. If he laughs, she laughs with him. When they sit beside each other on car rides, they smile and laugh at each other and can't get enough of each other. It's just the sweetest thing in the world to watch.

     Seeing how much these two little souls love each other makes me even more excited to see how much both Mya and Oliver will love our little Carter when he arrives. My parents always taught Jen and I to love each other through thick and thin. My parents words from my childhood still ring in my ears: "Your friends will come and go, but your sister will always be your sister and will always be there...so you have to figure out how to get along".

     They were absolutely right and I know that I will use those exact same words with our own kids one day. Cousins...siblings...family. Love is the primary goal and I'm so glad that our little Mya and Oliver are already proving that they share a love that is completely unconditional and pure. It's the sweetest thing in the world to see.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My parents have loved each other for 50 yrs...so we celebrated BIG time

It wasn't my idea. Not mine at all. But hey--if you put an idea in my head, I'll roll with it. So when my dad said he wanted t...