Tuesday 19 June 2012

Ode to Terry

   




      It's hard for me to start writing this post, as I don't know where to begin. When I start thinking about Terry and the kind of dad he is, it gets me choked up immediately. Then when I started uploading these photos of him and Mya together I could barely see my computer screen anymore through the blur of tears.



When Terry and I started dating and I began to get to know who he really was, I remember thinking to myself "he'd be a great dad one day". Knowing that I would stop at nothing to have a family and be a mom, it was definitely a priority for me to be with someone who had the qualities that I knew I wanted in the father of my future children. And he had them all--then some.


He amazes me every day with his natural ability to care for Mya, love her endlessly and cradle her for hours, like his arms were made just for her.



     He loves his little family of girls like no other. And with one more on the way, a boy, (which will undoubtedly even out the pink frills and girly dresses that consume his life right now), I have no doubt that he will blow me away again with his ability to love and care for yet another tiny life.


I love listening to him talk to Mya when he thinks that no one else is listening. I love the way that he sings to her even if he doesn't know the words. I love how he tucks her in at night, rubbing her back and giving her extra cuddles and kisses just before she shuts her eyes. I love how he knows how to do all of the little things and remembers all of the details of caring for her without me having to remind him. I love how he just knows what to do. I couldn't ask for a better dad for our kids and I could go on for hours about how loving, caring, gentle, kind and amazing he is towards our little Mya.





So for Father's Day this year, he definitely deserved to be celebrated...and celebrate we did.


And it was extra exciting this time knowing that he was a daddy already..and a daddy-to-be to our new little bundle-to-be.


We had a wonderful Father's Day afternoon of searching for ants on the sidewalk...

going for a family walk...

  
 


and enjoying a little play time with everyone outside...



along with a little impromptu dancing in the kitchen with Nana...


a delicious dinner with the family...


and of course some gifts for all of the wonderful dads in our family. These three dads are the best of the best. Hands down.


Happy Father's Day to my incredible dad, Mya's dad, Oliver's dad...and all of the other great dads out there!


1 comment:

  1. You definitely got a keeper in Terry! He's such a great dad to Mya, she's so lucky to have him to love her. Yeah for awesome dads!!

    ReplyDelete

My parents have loved each other for 50 yrs...so we celebrated BIG time

It wasn't my idea. Not mine at all. But hey--if you put an idea in my head, I'll roll with it. So when my dad said he wanted t...