Sunday 15 June 2014

Chocolate peanut butter balls



I may have gone a bit overboard.

I walked into a store just shortly after we lost our baby and I was a bit too emotional to be staring at white chocolate and milk chocolate...all 50% off. It was the day after Easter and I remember piling my arms full of chocolate. Literally pulling bunny after bunny off the shelf. Filling my arms with crinkly wrappers full of heavy chocolate, looking over at my mom and sister who were staring at me all wide eyed, not daring to stop me. Because when a girl is sad, good Lord let her have all the chocolate she wants.   


So I went a little overboard. A little.



Okay...maybe a lot.

I almost bought out the store.

Because, well...I use chocolate for a lot of different recipes, and chocolate costs a small fortune--but not if you buy it at Easter time, in the shape of a bunny of course. So I buy a ton of chocolate after Easter, freeze it, and use it for all sorts of things--chocolate/caramel apples, chocolate bark, chocolate covered fruit, chocolate molds, chocolate covered caramels..and the list goes on and on. And white chocolate? Well, that's hard to find at Easter, so when I saw these glorious white bunnies that I haven't been able to find for the past two years, I got a little excited. And I may have filled up 3 bags worth of it.

So as we packed up boxes the other night for our big move coming up, I stood staring at my mound of chocolate and decided that I don't really want to have to pack up a ton of heavy chocolate--because, well, eating it sounds a lot more enticing to me.

So I went a bit chocolate crazy this week, and made a bunch of yummy stuff..



I made this ridiculously delicious Oreo bark (recipe found here)




And made my absolute favourite--chocolate peanut butter balls. 


They're so easy to make and will literally melt in your mouth. 


If you want to try them yourself, here is the recipe that I use

1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
4 cups icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups chocolate chips (or approx 1lb chocolate bunny)

1) Combine the peanut butter, icing sugar, butter and vanilla. Cream well and kneed well.

2) Roll dough into small balls and place on parchment paper, on a cookie sheet.

3) Melt chocolate in small batches in microwave, in microwave safe bowl.

4) Use fork and dip peanut butter balls into melted chocolate, then place on cookie sheet.

5) Place in fridge and let harden (at least 20mins). Then enjoy!


Happy Sunday everyone.


And happy Father's Day to my wonderful dad and hubby.




Now go eat some chocolate. Or come on over here--I promise you there will be more chocolate goodies coming out of this house soon..and we're not about to eat it all ourselves!



Erica xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

My parents have loved each other for 50 yrs...so we celebrated BIG time

It wasn't my idea. Not mine at all. But hey--if you put an idea in my head, I'll roll with it. So when my dad said he wanted t...