Tuesday 4 March 2014

Puppy Chow mid-week treat



You want a delicious little mid-week treat? Here you go:

I promise you'll thank me. Because it's not only delicious...it's super easy to make. You've probably heard of it before, but if you haven't, let me introduce the food that you won't be able to stop eating after you take just one bite. So you've now been officially warned...

It's called Puppy Chow. What a terrible name for something that tastes SO darn good.

I like to make it at Christmas since it's a great little treat to put out in bowls around the house for people to nibble on. But it's also perfect any other time of year--and if you have kids, they will LOVE it (and love helping you make it too--if you're brave enough to handle the icing sugar mess).


You only need 4 ingredients.


Peanut butter, icing sugar, chocolate chips and Chex cereal.

9 cups Chex cereal
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups icing sugar


Here is how you make it--it will only take a few minutes, I promise!

In a sauce pan, over low heat, melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter together. Mix frequently until smooth.

Remove from heat and stir in the Chex cereal until completely coated.



Pour small amount of coated cereal into a large ziplock bag, then pour a small amount of icing sugar over top.

Seal the bag and give it a shake (kids love doing this part!). Continue to add more cereal and more icing sugar until all of your cereal is coated. 


Place on cookie sheet until dry, then store in an airtight container. 


And enjoy!!!


Have a great rest of your week,
Erica xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

My parents have loved each other for 50 yrs...so we celebrated BIG time

It wasn't my idea. Not mine at all. But hey--if you put an idea in my head, I'll roll with it. So when my dad said he wanted t...