Monday 14 October 2013

Halloween bark


Just thought I'd pass along an easy and fun little idea for Halloween--for all of those chocolate lovers out there.

A couple of years ago when I posted a recipe for Easter Oreo bark I had an unbelievable amount of people telling me that they made it, loved it, and wanted to then make it again.



Because chocolate, Oreos, M&M 's and pretzels all smushed together makes for one decadent, delicious treat. And so I find myself waiting for Easter--waiting to have an excuse to get out my pastel coloured M&M's and make up another double batch.

But hey..it's Halloween soon. Why wait until Easter!?

With only one little change, you've got yourself some festive Halloween bark--so go nuts. Make up a triple batch. Give it to your neighbours for no reason. Leave it on your friends porch with a sweet little "no reason" note --because there is absolutely nothing better than opening your door to baked goods (thanks again Martina and Lucas for our treats that we found the other day at our door!). It absolutely made our day--AND even more thrilling was that they were all festive, being pumpkin muffins and all. Delish!


So, if you want to make up some Halloween bark...click here for the detailed recipe that I posted a while ago...and just swap out the pastel coloured M&M's for Reeses Pieces--(or they also have orange and brown Smarties right now at Bulk Barn which would work too). And if you don't have any chocolate bunnies from Easter frozen in your freezer, just use a big milk chocolate bar or those chocolate wafers. They're more expensive, but would work too.







I whipped up a couple of batches the other day and added them to a dinner that I was making for a friend whose hubby was away on a business trip and she is now on her own with a small baby and her young son. So I threw them in a Martha Stewart treat box (cause they're so darn cute)--from Michaels craft store--and they were ready to go.


I then grabbed some plastic treat bags, filled them up with the rest of the bark, tied them with black ribbon and secretly left them at some friends front doors. Because, as we say to the kids every day "Sharing is caring"! So I guess I better live what I preach.

So make up a bunch, write out some little notes and sneak them onto some front porches--we all need a little something to smile about some days. And this will definitely do it.

Enjoy!!

Erica xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

My parents have loved each other for 50 yrs...so we celebrated BIG time

It wasn't my idea. Not mine at all. But hey--if you put an idea in my head, I'll roll with it. So when my dad said he wanted t...