Friday 18 November 2011

A Little Intro...

     I've always loved pretty things. Even as a child I remember loving anything that sparkled or anything that made me stop and take a second glance. It's that feeling you get when you see something beautiful that I love. It makes you feel like for a moment the world has stopped. For a moment all you see is what's infront of you. Now that I'm an adult, with a child of my own, nothing has really changed. I'm incredibly affected by my surroundings. I can't sit in a room without rearranging the furniture in my head or secretly changing the room colour or decor in my mind. Not that I'm critical of what I see...it's just that my mind is always racing with possibilities. I think that I'm always trying to create beauty around me in some way or another-but the catch is that I'm ridiculously frugal. Whether it's interior design, entertaining, organizing, crafting, cake decorating or renovating our house, I do it all with a budget in mind (but beauty at the forefront).
     
     I never thought I'd have a blog--really I know nothing at all about blogging. But I have a very computer savvy sister who convinced me that with all of the creative things that I do, it might be worth sharing them with others. Originally I was just going to post my cakes, since I have somehow started a little cake baking/decorating side business while on maternity leave this year. Many people have asked me if I have a blog or website for my cakes and I always had to tell them no. But when I was thinking about creating a blog for my cakes, I figured I might as well include all of the other crafty stuff that I do, or include tips or ways that I try to make my life easier, prettier and wonderful all at the same time. Not that I have a perfect life in any way (I don't think they exist to be honest)...but I figure if life is going to throw me stresses, heartache, craziness etc., I may as well be looking at pretty things in the midst of it all! To me, it's all about creating a life that is fulfilling, purposeful and worthwhile amidst the chaos, stress and hardships that life also tries to throw at us. So, with that said, I hope this blog provides you with some inspiration to create your own beautiful things, some entertainment about the everyday happenings in my life and some passion to continue to create a beautiful life for yourself, your family and those around you.

      
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

My parents have loved each other for 50 yrs...so we celebrated BIG time

It wasn't my idea. Not mine at all. But hey--if you put an idea in my head, I'll roll with it. So when my dad said he wanted t...