Friday 8 March 2019

Twin gender reveal--we finally found out!



I went in for a quick ultrasound today to check on the twins and came out with the most wonderful news ever. It was news that I thought we'd have to wait a few more weeks for. News that we have all been desperate to know. News that we have been dreaming of, regularly guessing and trying to be patient about. 

Today was the day that we found out if the kids would be getting brothers or sisters, or one of each.

So I baked up the quickest cupcakes ever when I got home and carefully filled each cupcake with the appropriate colour icing (blue/pink) in order to share the secret news that I alone had kept for a few hours as I waited for everyone to get home. This moment that I had today lying on the ultrasound table was supposed to be Terry's and mine for another more intensive ultrasound coming up that he was going to come to. But this quick check-in ultrasound revealed to me the secret that I ultimately had to save for everyone for this moment tonight.     

So with Baby A cupcakes in hand, everyone took a bite and PINK icing was inside. Baby A is a GIRL!! 

And then, moments later after I handed out the Baby B cupcakes, everyone took a bite and BLUE icing met them, because another BOY is definitely needed to level out the estrogen in this family!! 



We are thrilled beyond belief. So happy. So excited.

And although we would have been thrilled no matter what (two healthy babies please, is all that I have prayed for), we are so excited for these two to join our family. 



Couldn't be happier.



If you want to see the (slightly blurry)--ugghh....videos of the moments everyone found out, click on the video links below. First one is for Baby A, second one for Baby B.




Enjoy the start to March break everyone, and rest well. 

Erica xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

My parents have loved each other for 50 yrs...so we celebrated BIG time

It wasn't my idea. Not mine at all. But hey--if you put an idea in my head, I'll roll with it. So when my dad said he wanted t...